Vegan. Donuts. Need I say more? Even though I don’t need to, I will! I love that these donuts do not require eggs, milk, or butter. But how are they holding up you ask? Two words. Apple. Sauce. Yes! Unsweetened applesauce has been used to substitute for eggs and butter. As for the milk, I used my go-to almond milk. The result has been vegan donuty goodness.
Recipe (makes about 16 mini donuts)
1 cup flour
3/4 cup cake flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup maple syrup
3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup almond milk
3 cups icing sugar
4 tbsp almond milk
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Food colouring of your choice
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray your pan with a non-stick spray.
2. Mix the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients separately.
3. Combine the wet and dry ingredients together.
4. Put the mix into a piping bag and pour into the pan without covering the part that makes the hole.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
6. Allow donuts to fully cool before dipping them into the icing.
7. Decorate and enjoy!