It’s that cruel time of year where we get to eat little gingerbread men. I say it’s their fault for being so darn delicious! Below is a simple recipe for how to torture…err…I mean make your own vegan gingerbread men!
3 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 cup fancy molasses
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp ground ginger
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 cup vegan butter (I used Earth Balance)
2 tbsp maple syrup or coconut palm sugar
1/4 cup almond milk
1-2 cups powdered sugar
2 tbsp almond milk
*Mix with hand mixer on high until thick
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Mix all wet ingredients together and all the dry ingredients together.
3. Little by little, add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
4. Need the dough slightly with hands.
5. Roll out dough in between two pieces of parchment paper.
6. Place dough into freezer for one hour.
7. Cut out gingerbread men with cookie cutter. Place onto pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10 mins.
8. Allow to fully cool before icing.