So, what’s better than a cup of warm tea on a cold winter day? Freshly baked cinnamon buns, of course! Below is an easy recipe to delicious cinnamon rolls!
1 packet instant yeast
1 cup almond milk
1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
3 tbsp maple syrup
Icing: 1/2 cup organic vegan icing sugar and 2 tbsp almond milk
1. Mix together the almond milk and coconut oil. Make sure it is not scalding hot. Luke warm temperature is good. Add the yeast. Stir and wait about 10 minutes.
2. Add in sugar, salt, and vanilla extract. Slowly add the flour to the mix. Stir it in until solid dough forms.
3. Place dough in bowl and cover with tea towel. Place in warm spot and let rise for 1 hour.
4. Preheat oven to 350F. Break dough into 5 even pieces. Roll out pieces on floured surface. Roll in long rectangles.
5. Spread some maple syrup and sprinkle some cinnamon on it. Then roll and cut in half. Place in baking dish.
6. Bake for 27 mins.