The versatility of avocados have always amazed me. They can be used in savory and sweet dishes (yes, as icing! Crazy, right?). I had six ripe avocados this weekend, so naturally I used them for guacamole…and popsicles. One day I will get an ice cream maker and turn them into ice cream. But, until then, popsicles will do. Avocados are naturally super creamy, so you know you’re in for a treat!
Recipe (makes 4 popsicles)
2 ripe avocados
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup almond milk
2 tablespoon honey (or any sweetener of your choice)
1/4 cup lemon juice
Cut up any fruit you’d like to add in. I opted for blueberries and strawberries.
Popsicle mold (you can find these at the dollar store or walmart)
- Blend all the ingredients together, except for the extra fruit.
- Put cut up fruit into the popsicle mold.
- Put blended up avocado mix into the mold. Shake and tap to make sure it fills the entire mold.
- Put into freezer until solid.
- Run under warm water when ready to serve.