Happy May the Fourth Be With You!
I was gathering my brain for Starwarsy desserts and the stuff I came up with in my head required a lot of fondant. As I have yet to figure out how to come up with sugar-free fondant, I decided to put a pin in it, and move onto something a little healthier. So, sugar-free sugar cookies happened. Just a little warning that these sugar cookies do not taste like sugar cookies in that they are not super sweet. They remind me more of biscotti’s. I feel like these would be really good with coffee or tea. Or, even as the bread for ice cream sandwiches!
Recipe: (Makes about 10 cookies)
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1/4 cup melted butter
1 large egg
Dairy free cream cheese and spirulina.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Roll up into balls and flatten with your palms to desired thickness.
- Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes or keep flattened.
- Place on baking sheet and bake on middle rack for 8 minutes.
- Allow to cool before decorating.