I can’t believe I successfully made grain-free cupcakes and have them actually taste like cupcakes. To me, that just seems weird. But, awesome. But, weird. What’s even crazier is that it’s refined sugar-free (minus the sprinkles), dairy-free, and gluten-free! I couldn’t believe that there are so many types of flour out there that can be substituted for regular flour. I opted for coconut flour for its extra fiber and tastiness! If you make these, let me know how they turn out!
1/2 cup coconut oil
2 tablespoon of almond milk
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2/3 cup of coconut palm sugar
pinch of salt
dash of cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup coconut milk (full fat from can)
1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place cupcake liners onto tray, or grease cupcake tray.
- Add all the dry ingredients together and mix until combined.
- Mix all the wet ingredients together.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together.
- Fill the cupcake liners or tray half way.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Dry on a cooling rack.
Whip all ingredients together with a mixer until peaks form. Refrigerate until ready to decorate.